Hosting a 24-Hour Comics Day Event
This information is for retail stores, libraries, schools, and any other organizations which are interested in inviting artists to take the 24-Hour Comics Day Challenge at their locations.
If you are interested in hosting a 24-Hour Comics Day event, you must have a location which can provide:
- an area available for 24 consecutive hours
- hosts who are on-site for 24 consecutive hours to oversee the event
- an area for artists to sit with table space to create comics
- restroom facilities available for the entire event
- space for artists to bring and consume food and drinks
To sign up as an official 24-Hour Comics Day venue, your event should cover some portion of the official event date. Your event can start on Friday and end Saturday, or start on Saturday and end Sunday, so long as some of your event hours take place on the official 24-Hour Comics Day. (If your venue has scheduling issues, let us know–exceptions have been made in previous years to include schedule changes.)
If you can meet these requirements, please register to host a 24HCD event!
- You can become an author on the 24HCD Facebook page and/or website and post event details and flyers before your event. You can post pictures and videos during 24-Hour Comics Day and wrap-up reports after your event has ended.
- You can access Host Resources to help you prepare for your event, advertise your event, and find local sponsors to donate items to enhance your event!
- You are eligible to receive supporting emails and information from ComicsPRO, the comic book retailer trade association which provides administration for 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Your event listing will be made available at this website, which is promoted across the US and Canada before 24-Hour Comic Book Day!